Friday, March 23, 2012

Of Course Al Sharpton Is There

I am sure there are some people in this world that respect Rev. Al Sharpton, but I have to be frank and say that I am not one of them. I think that he is one of the most irritating, useless individuals that has ever hit the face of the Earth. It seems like every time a crime happens where a black person is killed by a white person Al Sharpton has to stick his neatly coiffed head in there. Now before anyone goes and say I am not being PC, I am black. I feel like it should not take a horrible injustice like the killing of Trayvon Martin for him to speak up and have something to say. There are plenty of predominantly black communities where the homicide rates are through the roof. When it is a black-on-black crime I guess that is okay with Rev. Sharpton. This young man was killed for no reason and it seems like Al Sharpton looks at this as just another opportunity for him to showboat and show that he "cares" about what is going on. In all honesty, any cause that he is a part of may seem less worthy to people simply because of his involvement. I feel very sorry for the family of Trayvon, and even more so since the memory of this very promising young man and his senseless slaying is being exploited by people who are just looking for the next cause to jump on to call attention to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment